Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sorry no update shingles all over

Sorry I havent updated I have and am still very sick with these shingles. This is the worst I have ever had them. I am covered more like chicken pox in my hair, my ears inside and on the back of ears, side of face, nose, one on corner of eye, (really concerned on that one)eyelid (that one too) down my neck ALL OVER my chest down my chest and ughm in between the girls, on stomach, a few on shoulders and back some on arm, my right elbow, inside crook of my elbow
on my left knee and on the inside of knee and on top of my feet. so when I say all over I mean it. all over.
so needless to say. I have not been scrapping. I have not been doing much of anything,I haven't gotten out of bed but to go to the dr and that is horrible. To bathe and put on clothes is torture. pure torture. They gave me special liquid phisohex soap that is sup to be gentle and help but omg it even hurts. we got into the more agressive infectious disease dr finally we have been trying then they told me i couldnt see him cuz i saw the other one in same practice. then they said i could but he was out of town...
John pitched a fit and got the other one finally to call him after explaining what i had and what was going on and how bad it was and in my throat so he was on phone with him all day on off yesterday, the one that is young and loves a good difficult case to call him. they changed ALLL MY MEDS (even though we just put out money we dont have but I dont care right now they coudl chop my head off just make it stop)
I feel a little better today but its still disgusting and itchy and it hurts to say the least. the steroids are making me have liek hot flashes and get sweaty so that makes it itch worse. so its just a mess.
I have to take the interferon the neurologist said I cannot go off it. this rebif interferon is the kind that works for the types of lesions I have on my brain stem so .. This is something I will have to continue to fight with.
We appreciate your prayers, I will get the things scrapped and finished and stuff when I get human again cuz I sure dont look anything close to human right now.

I go back to this dude on Wed. so Hopefully Either I will be lots better by then or they do something to make it go away.

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear this horrible battle that you are fighting. I have never heard of shingles being all over your body and I cannot imagine the pain you are in!!!! I am sending prayers and hugs to you!!! You have been through so much and this just does not feel fair that you are so sick!!!! I too am battling a major infection since the surgery and I am so peeved. I did not go in the hospital with an infection but I came out with one and they did damage to the newly reconstructed lip. Now I am off to see the plastic surgeon tomorrow to see what we have to do to help me to talk again... I too look subhuman. We make a great team sweet friend.... Sending you love and get well wishes. Keep me posted about what the doctor has to say on Wednesday!!!!! We need a vacation from reality!!!!

Lissa Ballard said...

Oh Nancy... I'm so sorry you're still going through this. My prayers of healing are going up and out all over. Gentle hugs, just air kinds, so you won't hurt any more.

Lissa

Tammy E. said...

I stopped by to check up on you, only to find that you are miserable. Please know that I'm praying for you now, that God will take these awful shingles away! Hang in there, and don't worry about not scrapbooking. We miss your work, but that's the least of our worries right now. We want you better!

Jenn said...

OMgoodness...what a mess you poor thing. I hope that you get to feeling better real soon. Hugs and prayers your way!!

DebW said...

Praying that you guys get a break. You so deserve it. How much does a family have to endure?
Hope the new meds work quickly!Thinking of you every day!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Bless your heart. You are in my prayers everyday.

It's Just me...Crazy "T" said...

you know I am praying and thinking of you each and every day... hang in there gal!!!!
luv your gutz!
T

Sophie - LFA said...

hey Nancy ... I am so sorry to hear about your shingles. I will continue to send healthy vibes your way!

If you are able to ... I am hoping you can help me rally all the "lupus troops."

March 3, 2009 is the Lupus Foundation of America’s 11th Annual Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill. Even if you cannot physically join us on Tuesday, there are still several things you – and your family and friends – can do to help raise awareness about the seriousness of lupus.

To learn all the easy things you can do from the comfort of your home, please go to http://lfa-inc.blogspot.com/2009/02/even-if-you-cannot-be-in-dc-for-lfas.html

To take it a step further, if you're willing to do so, I'd really appreciate it you would consider posting this information (what you find at the link to my blog) on your blog, and letting all your friends and family know how important this is to the lupus community.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at davis@lupus.org.

Thanks for your help.

All the best, Wick

Babydoll said...

Awww Nancy!! I am so sorry to hear that. I'm hoping that you will be feeling better soon. {{HUGS}}

Patti Smith said...

I'm thinking of you Nancy and praying for you everyday....(((((HUGS)))))))

Dally said...

My prayers are with you Nancy. Bless your heart, dear.

sue-bubbles said...

Hi, I have just happened upon your blog...wow, I adore your layouts, they are truly beautiful! I have popped you in my favourites and will pop by again. Meanwhile, Im sending you some sparkly vibes and wish you back to good health very soon!
Sue x

Drea said...

I am sooo very sorry about you being sick. I am hoping and praying you are well very soon!!

HUGS!!!!

Drea

Angel said...

hope you're feeling better! sorry to hear about " the worst case" sending prayers up for you. hope you have a better week !

Squirrel said...

Hi Nancy! I'm following your blog - I'm totally inspired by your story and I love your creativity. I'm so sorry you're poorly! Prayers going up for you.
Rosey (RedSquirrel) from SJ